Website Applied Composites
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Quality NDT Technician 3 that conducts ultrasonic tests on fabricated composite parts (laminate & sandwich construction) and products to identify discontinuities.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
• Reviews customer specifications and drawings and prepares NDT & I procedures for customer review and approval
• Review and give feedback on RFQ’s that require NDT support for technique sheets, documentation and inspection hours needed
• Reviews internal work orders, test procedure sheets, and product acceptance criteria to determine test specifications
• Attaches specified crystal transducer to ultrasound test device and moves switch to actuate device
• Calibrates and adjusts ultrasonic test equipment to required standards and settings, applying knowledge of ultrasonic testing procedures
• Sprays couplet (light oil which acts as a medium) or other liquid over part to be tested, moves transducer over part to be tested, and observes CRT (cathode ray tube) screen to detect patterns of discontinuity, such as cracks, inclusions, bonding defects, or porosity
• Marks defective areas of part or product and prepares report of test findings
• Sets up and operate computerized inspection equipment
• Other responsibilities as assigned
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled – Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma/GED or combination of relevant education and work experience may be substituted to meet educational requirements only
Years’ Experience: Seven (7) plus years of relevant experience in mechanical inspection and three (3) plus years’ experience in composite UT-NDI Testing required
Certifications: NAS 410 & ASNT Level 3 Certification in Ultrasonic Testing
• Experience with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Expert level knowledge in blueprint reading and GD&T
• SDI Mastercam 3D software a plus
• Solid knowledge of 3D CAD
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to administer all or part of the qualification process in the NDT method(s) in which the examiner is certified
• Knowledge in aerospace tooling, composites manufacturing and assembly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with A-Scan, (Pulse Echo), C-Scan, (Pulse Echo & Through Transmission)
• Ability to train and engage with level 2 NDT Technicians
• Ability to support internal, customer and external third-party audits
• Ability to work alone with minimum supervision and with others in a team environment
You must sign in to apply for this position.