Job Description as Specialist NDT Technician with Stork:
Onshore inspection focal point for asset with responsibility for day-to-day interface with inspection and the wider Integrity Engineering function.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Specialist NDT Technician:
- Carry out NDT Inspection of plant and pipework within the limitations of the Storks issued Letter of Authority (LoA) in compliance with Stork and client procedures.
- Interface with NDT team to provide clarification on NDT inspection techniques in order to meet integrity objectives.
Support Storks RPlant equipment facility
- Prepare NDT Technique sheets and scan plans. Review inspection reports, isometrics, vessel general arrangements and P&ID drawings.
- Manage and report on the status of all in progress inspection and integrity activities on the site.
- Liaise with planning personnel to maximise opportunistic inspection of vessels, plant and equipment at the request of the client.
- Give technical advice in order to ensure ad-hoc inspections are completed and integrity of units are fully assessed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of innovative NDT techniques.
- Maintain assurance of UKAS accredited NDT techniques and any knowledge of integrity threats.
- Support NDT personnel and other inspection, integrity and corrosion sponsored contractors in the prioritisation and planning of work.
Reporting & Compliance
- Create workpacks including donating relevant NDT techniques to meet integrity objectives.
- Give input to periodical audits of NDT Inspection to ensure compliance to procedures.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort.
Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork.
As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
- Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager
- Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters
- Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement (if in existence)
- Understand and adhere to the Safer Together behaviours
- Establish and monitor project team working methods.
- Carry out briefings/Tool Box Talks to all Inspection/ NDT Personnel
- Ensure that the personnel selected for the scope of work are trained, qualified and competent to carry out the task.
- To advise projects on the training and competence assurance of the job.
- To support the company to recruit and development of a suitable and competent workforce.
- Attend pre-project briefs
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the Specialist NDT Technician:
- PCN Level 2 or equivalent in Phased Array & ToFD.
- Familiar with different manufactures flaw detectors, probes and scanning mechanisms.
- Experience of ‘in-service’ and newly fabricated inspections, and types of defects typically associated.
- Strong knowledge of International Ultrasonic Standards and application of Company procedures.
- Proven ability to work without supervision and to provide effective supervision to others
- HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Certification in Eddy current Testing
- IRATA Level I or greater
- Local to Aberdeen Stork base
- Working knowledge of the use and limitations of other specialist NDE techniques such as PEC, ACFM, Tube Inspection, Guided Wave
- Clear understanding of materials and key degradation mechanisms associated with and arising from various pressure systems, as well as structural damage mechanisms in welds.
- Ability to read and interpret commonly used engineering drawings and data sets used in support of inspection activities, e.g. piping isometrics, vessel general arrangements, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, piping schedules.
- Assess defects or anomalies found, ensuring use of the Storks or client anomaly process e.g. IQ procedure.
- Computer literate with proven ability to use common Microsoft Office packages, as well as NDT Ultrasonic Testing Software.
- Proven ability to work without supervision and to provide effective supervision to others.
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate inspection and corrosion issues at all levels within offshore organisation.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively, in the English language, with peers, direct reports, sub-contract personnel and immediate management.
- Working knowledge of other industrial sectors such as Nuclear, Rail, and Power Gen
- Leadership experience on shutdowns, and being able to liaise with customers.
- Offshore and Onshore travel required: as required, Uk and Overseas
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
- In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life assurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
- In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours
Are you the person we’re looking for? We’re looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter. For more information please contact the Recruiter on [email protected].