NDT Technicians Southampton
Job Description as Plant Inspector with Stork:
Onshore inspection focal point for asset with responsibility for day-to-day interface with inspection and the wider Integrity Engineering function.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Plant Inspector:
· Plan and carry out pre-surveys of equipment and where necessary identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) requirements.
· Carry out Inspection of plant and pipework within the limitations of the Storks issued Letter of Authority (LoA) in compliance with the Written Scheme of Examination or equivalent as well as Stork and client procedures.
· Interface with NDT team to provide clarification on NDT inspection techniques in order to meet integrity objectives.
· Review inspection reports, isometrics, vessel general arrangements and P&ID drawings.
· Manage and report on the status of all in progress inspection, integrity and corrosion monitoring activities on the installation.
· Liaise with planning personnel to maximise opportunistic inspection of vessels, plant and equipment at the request of the client.
· Give technical advice in order to ensure ad-hoc inspections are completed and integrity of units are fully assessed.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of innovative NDT techniques.
· Maintain assurance of UKAS accredited NDT techniques and any knowledge of integrity threats.
· Support NDT personnel and other inspection, integrity and corrosion sponsored contractors in the prioritisation and planning of work.
Reporting and Compliance
· Create workpacks including donating relevant NDT techniques to meet integrity objectives.
· Carryout detailed scoping activities, WSE creation/review /approval/ anomaly reporting and inspection reporting
· Give input to periodical audits of NDT Inspection to ensure compliance to procedures.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort. Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork.
As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
· Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager
· Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters
· Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement (if in existence)
· Understand and adhere to the Safer Together behaviours
· Establish and monitor project team working methods.
· Carry out briefings/Tool Box Talks to all Inspection/ NDT Personnel
· Ensure that the personnel selected for the scope of work are trained, qualified and competent to carry out the task.
· To advise projects on the training and competence assurance of the job.
· To support the company to recruit and development of a suitable and competent workforce.
· Attend pre-project briefs
Education & Experience
· ASME Level 2 Plant Inspector or API 570/510 (or working experience specific to include pressure vessel and piping inspection)
· HNC/HND qualified in an appropriate Engineering Discipline
· Site Safety Passport
· Professional Body Membership / Engineering Council status
· Experience of ‘in-service’ plant inspection and NDT.
· Proven ability to work without supervision and to provide effective supervision to others
· Fitness for purpose Experience API 579
· PCN Level II or equivalent in MPI, DPI, EC and UT (UT must be 3.1/3.2 Plate and Pipe)
· API 653 Tank Inspection certification
· Boiler/Furnace inspection experience
· Radiographic Interpretation (RI)
· IRATA Level I
· PCN (or equivalent)