i have been doing NDT for 2years now with my present hence i am able to perform NDT according to standard
I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Copperbelt University. I am disciplined and focused graduate engineer with a drive to learn and establish self in the mining and processing industry.
I have focused expertise in physical metallurgy, metallurgical specification of the materials, steel making and material testing. Experienced in process control in the production of grinding media and metal castings and also experienced in strata control/quality control with regard to underground support work, End development drilling and Charging and Stope drilling and charging which also involves controlling of costs, safety, material management and time management. I am also experienced in management assurance services in line with compliance to legal requirements in a mining and processing organization. I have developed project management skills and report writing skills owing to the experience acquired as a trainee at Konkola Copper Mines.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- I have strong Project Management execution and implementation skills.
- Knowledgeable in Metallurgical Specification of the Materials, Steel Making and Material Testing.
- Make process adjustments as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- I am a methodical thinker with an eye for detail of measuring and inspecting techniques ensuring that all work is performed to the highest standard
- Adaptability to handle pressure from project challenges, deadlines and client needs.
- Operate safety systems such as Emergency Stop Systems in the event of an emergency.
- Proficient in quality control and process control.
- Strong time management and autonomous work style
- Proficient in several Microsoft office packages including Microsoft excel, Word processing, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook packages
- Monitor and interpret assay results from process streams
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills using relevant approaches
- Skilled in monitoring of the section (plant), product quality objectives and suggest on correction action plans in case of any deviation.
- Able to audit employee’s adherence to documented standards and procedures
- Able to lead a team of people of varying academic levels and experience
- I have an eye for safety procedures and very good at identifying unsafe conditions and unsafe acts.
- Experienced in underground operations such as geotechnical/ strata control, End drilling, charging and blasting and Stope drilling, charging and blasting.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER HISTORY
May 2019- to date: Process Control Quality Assurance— Scaw Limited
As a process control quality inspector at Scaw limited i am doing but not limited to the following:
- Performing hardness testing and impact testing in metallurgical lab
- Collecting and analyzing statistics on parameters of current process
- Reporting inspection and test data
- Monitoring and Ensuring that metallurgical production is according to schedule, specifications and production standards
- Inspecting, Testing and gauging grinding media products and moulds for castings
- Reviewing and finding suitable solutions for improving metallurgical process and problems.
- Conducting research for developing metal casting technologies
- Review casting process and find methodologies to improve quality
- Discussing results with those responsible for products.
May 2018 – February 2019: Strata Control/ Quality Control– C.M.C di Ravenna
As a strata control/quality control at C.M.C Ravenna I was inspecting, controlling and ensuring that underground support, End development drilling and charging and Stope drilling and charging was up to company’s standards which also involved cost control, material management, safety and time management.
October 2017- April 2018: Management Trainee, Copper Process Control Room & Compliance and Management Assurance Services – Konkola Copper Mines Plc
As a trainee at the Konkola Copper Mines Plc under the copper process control i was able to control the copper process in order to meet end shift production target and under compliance department, I was dealing with Management Assurance Services and Ethics compliance frame work. Which involved the use of an electronic compliance system known as KCM – ECS (Konkola Copper Mines Electronic Compliance System) together with the use of the MAS-Tracker for tracking and reconciliation of issues which needs to be implemented by various Business Units and departments for audit preparations.
I was involved in the audit that has a framework which includes but not limited to:
- Production planning and control
- Quality control
- Material reconciliation
- Manufacturing cost system monitoring
- Monitoring of shut downs and break downs
2015 – 2016: Final Year Project in Fulfilment of the B.Eng. Metallurgy – Copperbelt University
During my final year at The Copperbelt University, I did a research project in fulfilment of the Bachelor of Engineering degree under the theme “Gel Roast Leach of Nkana Smelter Slag in Sulphate Media”. In conducting this project, I was comprehensively responsible for the entire project from conceptualization to completion. The following were some of the undertakings;
- Development of the project scope and also the theoretical framework to form the basis of the research.
- Scoping of the project and identifying the resources, stakeholders and all the risks involved in carrying out the project.
- Sample collections and preparations, conducting tests and collections results
- Data analysis and results compilation and Formulation of conclusions
- Developing power point presentations for the findings and presenting to board of examiners in defense of the findings.
a.Compliance Management software
ii. Code of conduct
iii. Declaration of interest
c. Audit tracker and implementation review
i. Closed unity review
ii. Manufacturing process review
2011 – 2016 Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Copperbelt University, CBU
2004 – 2008 G.C.S.E Ordinary Level School Leaving Certificate, Examination Council of Zambia, ECZ
1997 – 2003 Primary School Leaving Certificate, Examination Council of Zambia, ECZ
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND CIVIL LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD
- Member of the Copperbelt University Metallurgical Engineering Students Society – 2013 to 2016
- Member of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy – July 2015 to date
- Prayer Secretary of the Copperbelt University United Church of Zambia fellowship – 2015 to 2016
- Interim chairperson of the Copperbelt University United Church of Zambia fellowship-January 2016- June 2016.
- Youth Leader at the United Church of Zambia Kasompe Congregation – 2016 to date
Bachelor's Degree iN Metallurgical EngineeringCopperbet University2011- 2016
- able to lead people of varying accademic levels and experience
- coaching skills and planning skills
- goal getter
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- strong analytical skills