International Welding Inspection Personal (IIW IWI-S),International Welding inspector Personal (IIW IWI-B)
Name : Ian Viljoen
Date of Birth : 21-06-1995
: N5 Mechanical Engineering
: International Welding Inspection Personal Diploma-Standard, IWI IIW-S.
: International Welding Inspection Personal-Basic Diploma, IWI IIW-B.
: SAQCC Level 1 Welding and fabrication Inspector.
Name of Current Employer : EPCM Holdings
Contact Number : +27 72 849 0381
Email Address : [email protected]
I currently have six years’ experience in the oil, gas and energy industry. In the past six year I have worked in several trades within the industry as well as studied several courses part-time, to gain practical experience and at the same time obtaining the relevant theoretical knowledge. In the past six years I have worked in positions such as a mechanical fitter, QA/QC Welding and fabrication Inspector, International Welding Inspector and in Supervisory roles. I pride myself in QA/QC Inspection and welding and fabrication inspection roles.
I am a young energetic individual with a strong will to succeed at the task ahead, I have a strong ability to handle multiple projects at once whether these projects are carried out in a workshop or on site.
· International Welding and fabrication Inspector (IIW IWI-S)
· Mechanical QA/QC Inspector
· QA/QC Inspector On-site
· Responsible Welding Co-Ordinator (RWC)
· QA/QC Co-Ordinator
· Safety standards.
· Construction Codes, ASME, API etc.
· Client liaison from a quality perspective.
· Interpretation of Engineering drawings.
· Interpretation of Welding Procedure Specification/Procedure Qualification Record.
· Qualifying Welders.
· Draughting Inspection and test plans (QCP/ITP) /Method Statements.
· Welding and Fabrication Inspection. Pipeline, Piping, Vessels and Structural components.
· Implementing Quality Management systems etc. ISO 3834-2/ ISO9001:2015.
· Pressure test etc. pipelines, piping, and vessels.
· Inspection of blasting and coating systems.
· Knowledge of various welding methods.
· Ability to work independently.
Compiling and maintaining of quality assurance data packages
QA/QC Welding Inspector – EPCM Holdings
Mozambique, Gauteng – March 2019 – Current
Projects worked for current employer: Four most recent project
· Vopak Growth 4 Terminal Project – Durban, South Africa
Engineering, procurement and construction of interconnection liquid fuel multi-product pipelines with a total of 24 km x 16″ on Vopak Terminal.
· Energy Group Gas Pipelines with HPCMS System – Gauteng, South Africa
Detailed engineering, procurement and construction works, including commissioning, testing and handover for a High-Pressure Customer Metering Station (HPCMS) at Clayville, Wadeville and at Nigel with underground pipeline supplying the HPCMS stations.
- Tema LNG Terminal Company – Gauteng, South Africa / Tema LNG Terminal Company, Ghana
Detailed engineering, procurement and construction works of three hot water bath heater pressure vessels.
· CPMZ Pump Station Upgrade – Mozambique
Detailed engineering, procurement and construction works of two multi-million-dollar booster pump station upgrades on the 300 km Maforga Pipeline.
Responsibilities at current employer:
· Implementing Quality Management System
· Inspect incoming material and equipment for defects.
· Compiling detailed quality control tracker.
· Draughting detailed inspection reports regarding quality during the project.
· Client and third-party communication point.
· Ensuring fabrication and installation is adhered to according to client specification, company procedures and governing codes.
· Draughting workshop and on-site installation fabrication packages
· Draughting Inspection and Test plans (ITP)
· Material Identification and dimensional inspection on fittings and piping according to AFC drawings and relevant codes and specifications.
· Verification of welding consumables.
· Review and select correct WPS for items being welded.
· Carry out inspection, pre, during and after welding inspection.
· Redline of fabricated items.
· Issue of non-conformities.
· Perform field inspection on welding and installation.
· Pre and post hydrostatic punch.
· Hydrostatic and Pneumatic Testing
QA/QC Welding Inspector – SNC Lavalin
Astron Refinery, Western cape – July 2018 – February 2019
· Read and interpret Engineering Drawings such as Isometric drawing, general arrangement.
· Inspect incoming material for defects and correspond with bill of material.eg studs, bolts, gaskets and piping spools.
· Monitor operations to ensure that the job meets production standards.
· Report all material and jobs that do not meet to the standards of the code.
· Attend daily quality and safety meetings with management and construction departments.
· Compiling, submitting, and reviewing of the QA/QC data pack.
· Pressure testing of vessels, piping systems and exchangers according to pressure on the QCP.
· Clean inspection & Dirt inspections of equipment on plant. E.g., Vessels, columns, and exchangers.
· Issue of Non-conformities to relevant parties.
· Planning and preparation for up coaming shutdowns.
Mechanical Fitter – TJC Engineering
Koeberg Nuclear Power Station, Cape Town – February 2018 – May 2018
· Check proper fitting and assembly of valves and piping.
· Radiation working inside reactor dome.
· First line inspection on studs, gaskets, and final box up.
· Preparation for hydrostatic pressure tests on piping and vessels.
· Flange management according to approved procedures and specifications.
· Measurement of final box up with calibrated measuring equipment.
· Dis assembly and assembly of main steam shut off valves.
Mechanical Fitter- Hydra Arc
2017 Regen Platform Turn around, Chevron Refinery, Cape Town – January 2017 – April 2017
· Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, including the use of the appropriate protective clothing
· Carrying out the construction of structural components according to approved drawings.
· Interpreting engineering drawings.
· Installation of new piping and instruments on and inside reactor dome head.
· Attend daily safety meetings and toolbox talks.
Please Note: References on request.