Website QC Laboratories, Inc.
*** Digital Radiography for Additive Manufacturing ***
QC Laboratories, Inc. is a privately owned industrial and commercial non-destructive testing laboratory (NDT), incorporated in the State of Florida in 1965 with branches in Hollywood and Orlando, Florida, and Cincinnati, Ohio. QC Laboratories’ expertise is in providing all disciplines of non-destructive testing services for aircraft, aerospace, marine, and construction materials.
We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of X-ray Technician, preferably someone who is looking for long-term growth and potential. In addition to the job description below, candidates must possess strong customer service skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task at a quick pace. Being a team player is a must!
QC Labs X-ray technicians perform X-ray & CT inspection services on various products according to engineering drawings and blueprints, customer written requirements, and approved industry standards. The duties and responsibilities required in this role include, but are not limited to:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop CR/DR and CT techniques and perform radiographic imaging on customer-supplied metal additively manufactured (AM) products and other materials.
• Reconstruct and compile scan data to generate defined deliverables as per work instructions.
• Develop fixturing methods to increase the efficiency of the digital x-ray imaging process.
• Perform post-processing analysis on CT scan data according to customer requirements (e.g., metrology, CAD comparison, porosity analysis, automated inspection).
• Complete daily quality control checks and maintain records of all projects completed.
• Maintain equipment and department per company procedures and practice good housekeeping.
• Perform preventive maintenance on x-ray equipment.
• Work with the Management and Sales Teams to quote projects.
• Work with customers to visualize the interior of their product using digital x-ray imaging products.
• Perform failure analysis, product development, R&D, and production-level projects by utilizing digital radiography and computed tomography equipment.
• Maintain and continually develop X-ray and CT knowledge.
• Must have the ability to pass the ASNT level II test, essential digital radiography, and advanced CT courses once on-the-job training hours are collected.
• Must be willing to demonstrate CT software and hardware services to prospective customers.
• Must be willing to provide operational support to Manager and Sales Representative.
• Travel up to 10% to customer sites and Technical Conferences.
• NAS410 Level 2 Radiography Certification
• ASNT Level 2 Radiography Certification
• Previous background in industrial Digital Radiography and Computed Tomography using Computed Radiography, DDA (Flat Panel) Detector, and Industrial CT scanning equipment
• Specialized Training or an associate degree in science or engineering
• One-year minimum experience in aerospace manufacturing
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• General technical aptitude
• Professional demeanor & appearance
• Good computer skills; general windows operations and networks
Background checks and Drug Screenings will be completed on all candidates considered for hire.
• Willingness and/or ability to achieve NAS 410 Level III within 2-3 years
• Other NDT disciplines are a plus
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Products
• Must be able to learn procedures quickly and be a team player
• Must be able to work well unsupervised
• Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and overtime when required
• Easily adapt to new organizations / technical environments
• Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and demonstrate a good working knowledge of equipment, and procedures.
• Fujifilm NDT Dynamix VU Software
• Volume Graphics Software
• Aerospace experience preferred
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• Other NDT method certifications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to sit, walk, or stand
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
• Work on Specialized equipment
WHY QC Laboratories:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and the tools you will need to be successful, including:
• Medical, dental, and vision plans
• Paid holiday, sick, and PTO
• Paid life insurance
• 401(K) retirement plan
You must sign in to apply for this position.