As a Certified Non-Destructive Testing Level 3, you will be responsible for technically supervising NDT inspectors and internal processes in accordance with Transport Canada, FAA, and Rolls-Royce plc regulations.
You will be responsible for reviewing and approving component inspection specifications, writing detailed technical reports and procedures for supplier documentation and maintaining internal procedures and processes for NDT and welding. The process we cover in our site are Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particles.
Rolls-Royce invents the propulsion systems that matter to its customers, society and the planet.
To remain industry pioneers, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers worldwide. These include representatives from all sectors, from global experts in their field to managers of hundreds of people and millions of dollars in investment. We recruit engineers at all levels from a wide range of disciplines. We encourage specialisation and also offer the freedom to develop skills in different areas.
• Technically supervise NDT inspectors and internal processes according to Transport Canada, FAA, and RR plc regulations.
• Manage the certification and internal qualification of NDT inspectors to NAS410 and welders to AMS-STD-1595 and RR plc requirements.
• Audit, approve and technically monitor suppliers of NDT components for industrial gas turbines.
• Liaise with suppliers, manufacturing engineers and Rolls-Royce plc laboratory.
• Review and approve component inspection specifications.
• Write detailed technical reports and procedures relating to supplier documentation and maintain internal procedures and processes for NDT
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
• CGSB or ASNT Level III accreditation to NAS410 for PT and MT methods minimum
• Associate degree and 7+ years’ experience in NDT methods OR
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in NDT methods OR
• Master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in NDT methods OR
• In lieu of a degree, 9+ years NDT methods experience
• Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Experience in NDT methods on aircraft engine components and/or industrial gas turbines or related fields.
• Leadership skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
• Minimum knowledge of materials, specifications, manufacturing and inspection methods, processes, AS 9001 and 10011 standards.
• Previous experience in quality system, process, NDI methods and/or product audits.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy on our website.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Close Date: July 7th, 2021
Link to apply:
You must sign in to apply for this position.