Website The Structures Company
The Structures Company is seeking a mid-level experienced NDT Technician to join our dynamic Team to work at one of the most exciting Space Aerospace Companies.
This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. If you have a great attitude and a creative mind, then you will feel right at home in this organization!
This is a full-time position and does require on-site work in Mojave, CA (approx. 90 minutes from LA)
Initial shift expectation is: 3rd Shift
** Per Diem Rates are provided depending on residence **
• Responsible for accomplishing assigned inspection work on space flight system hardware, assemblies, and vehicles.
• Must have: Level II ultrasound inspection certification
o Either certified by prior employer OR certified ASNT
• Experience with automated inspections: report findings from data analysis
• NOTE: Inspection with thickness testing or corrosion mapping will not work here
• Conducts inspections utilizing a variety of NDT methods which may include but are not limited to ultrasonic, penetrant, x-ray, eddy-current, and thermal/infrared and laser shearography.
• Properly utilize NDT test equipment and associated tools to successfully interrogate hardware and structures, make decisions as to their acceptability for continued use and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment.
• Operate manual and automated NDT equipment.
• Shall be required to document inspection results in both paper and electronic forms as well as complete and sign work records in connection with work performed.
• Inspects parts, sub-assemblies and completed assemblies to the extent necessary to determine, accomplish and approve acceptability in accordance with written procedures.
• Will be required to, but not limited to be working on check aircraft.
• Assist with development of procedures and techniques for non-destructive testing of metallic and composite structures.
• Support training of other NDT personnel using hands-on knowledge from the vehicles via different mediums as appropriate.
• Excellent attendance, ability to work overtime, and other shifts as required.
• Must have successfully completed minimum training requirements defined in NAS 410, ATA 105, or ASNT-SNT-TC-1A for a Level 2 inspector in UT and PT. Training in other NDT methods is desirable.
• Must have recent, documented hours, working as a NDT inspector and have obtained sufficient experience to be certified in accordance with NAS 410, ATA 105, or ASNT-SNT-TC-1A.
• Must have strong working knowledge of composite aircraft and/or aerospace non-destructive testing processes in composite material.
• Ability to conduct inspections with limited supervision.
• Minimum 5 years aviation/aerospace industry experience desired.
• Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working in Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience on narrow body and/or business jet aircraft preferred.
• Experience with composite aircraft is preferred although not required (commercial or military aerospace application).
• Must display maturity of action and judgment.
• Must be able to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to read, interpret, and communicate blueprints, specs, and other technical documents.
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
• Perform physical requirements of the position, including use of inspection hand tools, NDT equipment, lift up to 50 lbs., pass eye examination.
• Willing to work overtime, all shifts, travel and be on-call as necessary.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.
You must sign in to apply for this position.