Applied Technical Services, LLC.
Applied Technical Services (ATS), LLC is an internationally recognized engineering, testing, and inspection company with extensive capabilities in metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, forensics, fire & explosion investigations, and equipment calibration services. ATS is headquartered in Marietta, Georgia with over 30 branch offices and approximately 1,000 employees throughout the U.S. Since 1967 ATS has established an excellent reputation in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, general manufacturing, pulp, & paper, marine, transportation, construction, and utilities industries.
Our vision is become the industry leader in providing expert consulting engineering, testing and inspection services.
Scope: ATS is currently seeking individuals with a high level of motivation, very strong work ethic, flexible schedule, detail oriented and an interest in a highly technical field. Applicants are encouraged to apply and will be required to initially work in California and eventually New Mexico on an aerospace contract for approximately 6 months. Composite experience required. After this contact is complete, the inspector will have the option to be offered further contract work as they become available or even become part of the ATS Aviation NDT Team as a direct employee and work as part of our newly expanding team of highly skilled NDT and Special Process inspectors while living remotely.
Per client requirement proof of COVID19 vaccination required.
Job Description: The Aerospace NDT Tier 2 Inspector will include the following duties.
• Ultrasonics (UT) inspection & Eddy Current (ET) of composite structures using pulse echo as a primary technique and possible UTT or Pitch and Catch techniques as required.
• Detailed pre and post inspection documentation using both handwritten and computer methods
• Use of complex test equipment requiring a high level of attention to detail and inspection focus
• Meeting directly with customers and representing the ATS brand
• Indoor conditions
• Inspection of multiple aircraft component designs, sub-components, newly developed aerospace designs
• Inspections performed in both team and individual settings
Requirements & Preferences: Candidates must have the following credentials to apply and willing to perform the below duties.
• Candidates must have documentation of prior experience and classroom) Applicants only certifiable to NAS-410 UT & ET may be considered and should include a cover letter describing their experience
• A minimum of 18 months prior aircraft experience (may be in a mechanical or quality capacity gained either in classroom or hands-on setting)
• Graduated with High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
• Have strong retention and comprehension regarding the use of complex inspection systems
• Willing to temporarily relocate to the contact job site in Mojave, CA or Las Cruces depending on contract requirements
• Able to travel for both short term (days) and long-term inspections (weeks or months)
• Able to travel on short notice and have flexible schedule
• High level of comprehension
• Work well with others in a team environment or independently
• Be self-motivated
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Windows, Power Point)
• Have good credit history
• Able assist Level II and Level III inspectors with inspections and program related duties
• Aid Level III in writing procedures
• Utilize strong organizational skills
• Speak and write in the English language
• Must be able to pass FAA drug and alcohol tests
• Must be able to pass ATS pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
• Have clean driver’s license
• Willing to work overtime as required
• Exercise prompt and consistent work attendance
• Able and willing to wear safety equipment such as masks, gloves, respirators, hearing protection, eye protection and other personal protection equipment
• Able to pass NDT and Special Process related ATS
• Certificated from Aeronautical or related Technical School
• FAA A&P license holder
• Prior experience with blueprint interpretation
• Perform NDT related inspections
• Assist Level II and Level III inspectors as required
• Mentor co-inspectors as required to gain knowledge in unfamiliar inspection techniques
• Completion of all required inspection documentation in a timely matter
• Perform various duties as assigned by the Level III and NDT Management
• Independently perform equipment setup and operation
• Perform system performance checks as required
• Protect intellectual and physical company property
• Prioritize under demanding conditions
• Communicate at high level with other team members and NDT Management
• Ensure proper tooling is in place prior to inspections
• Protection of issued communication and documentation equipment
• Arrange for shipment of required tooling to jobsite and monitor tracking information
• Indoor and outdoor conditions in all seasons (mainly indoor)
• Travel to customer facilities
• Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
To apply please visit:
Benefits: No benefits offered as this is a contact position
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
NAS-410: Level II UTT/ET – Composite Experience – CA & NM
You must sign in to apply for this position.