Reply To: Visualizing NDT-results on a 3D File (STL)

• Visual Inspection

charlie

28/11/2021 at 2:33 pm

Usually this is a task which all Full Matrix Capture systems should do. So you should check with companies selling systems doing this.
    eddyfi is now distributing the M2M series of PAUT systems which offer FMC abd as far as I know they offer postprocessing with CIVA (M2M always used a user interface for their PAUT machines based on parts of CIVA).

As you are from Germany check with IzfP in Saarbruecken, they also worked a lot on this topic for decades. Same is as far as i know for BAM in Berlin. I just came across a PhD-Thesis describing Ray-Tracing – Quantitative Evaluation of Ultrasonic Wave Propagation in Inhomogeneous Anisotropic Austenitic Welds using 3D Ray Tracing Method. The author Sanjeevareddy Kolkoori has a lot of experience with 3D datasets in Simulation as well in display, and he worked on UT as well as CT even in 3D-Backscatter-X-Ray. Check with the DGzfP, they had some interesting conferences on that topic. In Researchgate you may find more papers from him and the relevant BAM researchers.