ISO 17636 1 (2013) – Single wall technique / IQI film side / IQI selection

• ISO 17636 1 (2013) – Single wall technique / IQI film side / IQI selection

Posted by joss on 03/04/2021 at 12:31 pm

I can not find any table that tells me which wire IQI to use for single wall technique IQI film side either class A or B and also I cannot find any where it says that the film side IQI for single wall technique can not be used.

Thanks for any input on this point.

joss replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Codes and Standards

chris

03/04/2021 at 1:26 pm

Hi,

According to ISO 17636, For exposures in accordance with 7.1.6 and 7.1.7, the IQI type used can be placed either on the source or on
    the film side. If the IQIs cannot be placed in accordance with the above conditions, the IQIs are placed on the
    film side and the image quality shall be determined at least once from comparison exposure with one IQI
    placed at the source side and one at the film side under the same conditions.

• Codes and Standards

chris

03/04/2021 at 1:27 pm

And this should help

• Codes and Standards

joss

03/04/2021 at 1:54 pm

Hi Chris,

I can not put the IQI in the source side no way, i don’t have access, the attached table is for IQI in source side.

• Codes and Standards

chris

03/04/2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi Joss,

I see your point. My understanding is that if you cannot use on source side, then, same IQI could be used on film side. But it sounds a bit strange. Lets see if anybody else have some suggestions. i am not that good in regards to RT.

• Codes and Standards

joss

11/04/2021 at 2:05 pm

Since there is no table for film side, all you can do is use B.1/B.3 and proof with a demonstration that you reach better values. Lets say from t 7-10mm W13 is required and you can achieve W14 that would be a good start.

This is somewhat mentioned in ISO 17636-1 6.7 (Quote: If the IQIs cannot be placed in accordance with the above conditions, the IQIs are placed on the film side and the image quality shall be determined at least once from comparison exposure with one IQI placed at the source side and one at the film side under the same conditions.)

The easiest solution: test acc. to picture 14 and you don’t have any troubles. But of course it would be more expensive for your client…

• Codes and Standards

joss

03/04/2021 at 7:21 pm

As per ASME V – Art. 2, you can see T-275 and Table T-276 give you all info you need but ISO 17636-2 has this dark point, as you said maybe someone else has another interpretation for lighting the point.