With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 4,000 technical professionals in Acuren and Hellier NDT Training – NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren Inspection has an immediate need for an API Inspectors to support a turnaround beginning Oct 1, 2022. Possible per diem provided if qualifications are met.
As an API Inspector you will perform visual and nondestructive examination on stationary equipment in accordance with the API and ASME standards, provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment.
- At the direction of client, perform visual and non-destructive examination of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 510, American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 570 and American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 653
- Submit to client technically accurate reports documenting equipment condition
- Provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment, as required for safe operation within stated operating parameters for durations specified by client
- Provide technical input to client as required for welding and metallurgical issues
- Provide technical guidance, on an application of non-destructive examination techniques and procedures
- Fully comply with all Acuren and client safe work practices and actively participate in all site safety initiatives
- Willingness to travel across the U.S. as needed
- Technical report writing skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with client and co-workers
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to work extended hours
- Certification of American Petroleum Institute Standards 510/570/653
- Additional CWI a plus
- In-depth working knowledge of API 510/570/653 and ASME standards
- Experience working in direct support of petrochemical facility engineers
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must complete and pass a DISA Background check
- Must complete and pass all required Drug Screens
- Must complete and pass site specific safety council
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.