Quality Engineer – Reading
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Thatcham, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Site Based Mechanical / Welding Inspector/ Quality Engineer supporting the delivery of a key project for AWE.
– Key interface with the stakeholders including AWE Quality Team and main contractor.
– Be visible in the workplace and lead by example demonstrating the standards set by the business.
– Management of all aspects of Quality on the project with an emphasis on Fabrication and Welding of the vessels and furniture.
– Support and advise the Project team on Specs/Procedures/Weld processes/inspection requirements.
– Carry out full review of the Box spec and forward recommendations to main contractor and AWE.
– Ensure all AWE Mandatory and scope requirements are understood, flown down to the suppliers and sub suppliers.
– Generate all JFS quality documentation, Quality Plan, PEP, Inspection and test plans, release documents etc.
– Review, comment and approve main contractor’s Quality documentation, ITP’s, Weld procedures, Welder qualification, NDT qualifications and all associated procedures and check sheets.
– Assist the main contractor with the BS EN ISO 1090, CPR requirements for the project.
– Witness Visual weld inspections, NDT (MPI/DPI/UT) and review of radiographs both at the main contractor’s site and AWE.
– Based at the main contractor’s site for the majority of the project.
– Must be able to work under pressure and be self-sufficient.
– Support the delivery of Project utilising the main contractor’s, AWE and JFS procedures.
– Report on a monthly basis key project KPI’s to the Project manager and the JFS Quality lead.
– Witness Load tests, Pressure tests, NDT at FAT’s and SAT’s
– Ensure Heat Tint/Passivation meets the contract requirements for the Box spec).
– Review in process weld cards prior and during to fab/install.
– Ensure contract requirements are met for the compilation and submission of the LTR packs and CE marking of all components on the project.
– Undertake 100% inspection the Goods inwards of materials and approve or reject on behalf of JFS.
– Carry out 100 % Inspection of welds/mechanical inspection.
– Production of daily logs & reports
– Assistance with audits.
– Approval of all sub-contracted services and components and LTR packs.
– Produce and review of TQ/PP
– Offer guidance to allocated staff and direct assistance where necessary.
– Challenge all unacceptable behaviours and ensure the team act in a professional manner.
– Support other projects throughout the UK when required.
– Support the JFS Humber facility, must have extensive knowledge of 1090 and 3834 welding processes and procedures
– 5 years’ experience in a senior Engineers / Inspection role.
– Reviewing Client documentation to various codes and specifications
– CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector Cert
– Client site and AWE based
– SC clearance
– Strong understanding of the AWE Quality Requirements.
– Strong understanding of the BS EN ISO 1090 / BS EN ISO 3834 Quality Requirements
– AWE site Pass
– Safety Passport.
– Strong IT capability
– Driving Licence
– Experience with writing procedures
– PCN Level 2 DPI
– PCN Level 2 MPI
– PCN Level 2 UT
Our Culture (standard Txt, must be included)
At Jacobs we see safety differently – we strive to go ‘Beyond Zero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs, you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
You must sign in to apply for this position.