With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 4,000 technical professionals in Acuren and Hellier NDT Training – NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren Inspection is looking for a qualified NDT Level II RT Technician to support our operations in Waterloo, IA. The Level II Technician will be performing RT on castings, Nondestructive Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Technicians. Level II Technicians organize and report results of NDT.
- Set up and utilize nondestructive testing equipment
- Calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Utilizing cobalt radiation, load and process film and interpret radiographs
- Utilize Organize and report test results
- Perform specialized inspections
- May instruct and supervise others
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- NDT Level II Certification in RT per SNT-TC-1A certification criteria
- Minimum of two (2) years documented RT experience
- Additional NDT certifications would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Knowledge of NDT equipment
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.