Website Bilfinger Salamis
We are looking for an:
Site based Lead Radiographer – Hull
Bilfinger Salamis UK, Maintenance, Modifications & Operations, Northwest Europe
Based at a busy onshore inspection facility which services a variety of nuclear projects,
this role requires the Lead Radiographer to perform various NDT inspections to the
highest quality and safety standards in accordance with client, company and industry
Perform inspection activities with respect to HSEQ, in accordance with the Bilfinger Management System and / or client management systems.
Perform the role of a Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) to ensure compound operations are worked in compliance with Ionising Radiation Regulations and Bilfinger Local Rules.
Perform conventional NDT inspections as determined by the Site Supervisor, client work pack, specification or other instruction.
Ensure all work is reported correctly on NDT reports in accordance with procedure or work pack requirements;
– Report NDT results accurately using current versions of controlled documents.
– Prepare and supply supporting data to evidence reports and findings.
– Define and record the inspection limitations of the testing method(s) per site conditions and application.
– Set up, function check and verify equipment settings as per company procedures and keep records.
– Interpret and evaluate test results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures.
– Engage with the relevant supervision and Technical Managers(s) where anomalies are found and ensure solutions to inspection challenges are explored and overcome for our Clients
Maintain a positive safety culture, participate in and adhere to permits, risk assessments and safety procedures. Knowledge share, mentor fellow team members and share opportunities for improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experienced in compound radiography and the inspection of new build pipework, preferably in the nuclear sector.
Proficient report writer
PCN L2 (or equivalent) Radiography and Radiation Protection Supervisor
PCN L2 Magnetic Particle Inspection
PCN L2 Dye Penetrant Inspection
PCN L2 or equivalent Visual Inspection
PCN L2 Ultrasonic Inspection (min 3.1/3.2)
This role shall be based onshore on a Monday to Friday working pattern with the potential for overtime.
Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider.
The Group enhances the efficiency
of assets, ensures a high level of
availability and reduces maintenance
costs. The portfolio covers the
entire value chain from consulting,
engineering, manufacturing, assembly,
maintenance, plant expansion as
well as turnarounds and also includes
environmental technologies and
With its 37,000 employees, Bilfinger
upholds the highest standards of
safety and quality and generates an annual output of about 4 billion euros.
Job Reference: WESTCAR
Bilfinger Salamis UK
4 Greenhole Place, Bridge of Don
Aberdeen, AB23 8EE
Phone +44 1224 246000
Do you think you have the right skills and experience to add to our ever-growing team?
You must sign in to apply for this position.