Volumetric NDT for in service pipeline valves

  • Volumetric NDT for in service pipeline valves

    Posted by arsal on 27/11/2021 at 2:23 pm

    Dear Friends,

    What kind of volumetric NDT can be performed on in service actuator controlled 24″ ball valve? One service shut down valve in 24″ jet fuel pipeline is closing 30% only and the other one is shutting 70% only. Need expert opinion for which volumetric NDT can verify if there are debris stuck between the ball and the seating which is restricting the full functionality of the valve.

    lucas replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Pipeline Inspection


    27/11/2021 at 10:37 pm
    2 Points

    Radiography is used to image blocked valves all the time.
    Film could be a bit slow so DR or CR would be better but whether it takes 10 minutes for a film exposure or 1 min for a DR or CR exposure you’ll still get a result.

Reply to: arsal
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018